In order to connect your laptop at Stour Road you may need to follow these steps:
- First check the printer is connected to the correct wifi
- The BrotherPrinter needs to be connected to the correct wifi network. The network is wcncare (and not wcncare_wifi – if it is connected to this network it will not work).
- Make sure you are connected to the correct wifi which is the wcncare_wifi on your laptop (not wcncare – as otherwise this will not work)
- Type in “printer” and select Printers and Scanners
3. Select add a printer and scanner and wait whilst it searches.
If it does then select it and follow the steps.
If the printer does not show up then follow steps 4 onwards.
4. If not printer shows up then select the text “The printer that I want isn’t listed”
5. Select “Add a printer using a TCP/IP address or hostname”
6. type in 192.168.1.72 and then hit next
7. The printer should now show up and you can select it and add it.
8. It may ask you if you want to share the printer – say yes as this will make it easier for others to use it.
Well done. Have a cup of tea.
If this doesn’t work then it may be that the printer has changed its IP address. Lizzie knows how to find this address – essentially you do the following:
- Go to the printer
- Click on the screen and find the WLAN tab
- Click to find WLAN status
- It should come up with an address like 192.168.1.72
- Copy this done and us this in the instructions above
- If it reads 10.0.0.x then you have connected the printer to the wrong wifi so go all the way back to step 1
Any issues then contact email@example.com and we can help