If you are sharing information about residents with health care professionals then we use NHS email to do this. If you require an email then please let your line manager know.
In order to access the shared mailbox, please login to nhs email https://email.nhs.net
Opening the shared mailbox in a separate window
Once logged in, please then click on your right top screen on the arrow next to your name to open another mailbox:
Then click on “Open another mailbox….”
The shared email address of St Anne’s is email@example.com
Please start typing this into the box and then it will ask you to search and the email address should come up
Click on open and another window will open with the email address in the top right corner like this image here:
This is the shared mailbox, congratulations!
Showing the shared mailbox under your personal primary email
If you want to monitor the email from your primary mailbox and the shared mailbox at the same time, , a bit like the image above, use this method. In addition, after you complete this task, the shared mailbox and its folders are displayed in the left navigation pane each time you open Outlook Web App.
- Sign in to your account in Outlook Web App.
- Right-click your primary mailbox in the left navigation pane, and then choose Add shared folder. (Your name is on your primary mailbox.)
- In the Add shared folder dialog box, type the name or email address of someone who has shared a mailbox with you, and then select Add.The St Anne’s shared mailbox is firstname.lastname@example.org
The shared mailbox displays in your Folder list in Outlook Web App. You can expand or collapse the shared mailbox folders as you can with your primary mailbox. You also can remove the shared mailbox from your Folder list. To remove it, right-click the shared mailbox, and then select Remove shared folder.
Send an email from the shared email box
- You need to have a separate window open for the shared mailbox, not your own personal mailbox.
- Select New mail above the folder list. A new message form opens in the reading pane.
- Select More , and then select Show From. This option shows you that the people who receive the email message will see that it comes from the shared mailbox and not from your own email account.Note: The first time you use a shared mailbox to send an email, you won’t see the name of the shared mailbox account in the Show From drop-down. For your first-time use, delete your name, type the name of the shared mailbox in place of your name, and then send the message. In the future, the name of the shared mailbox will display in the drop-down next to Show From, and you can select it.
- To add recipients, type the name of anyone who is in your contacts folder or organization’s address list, or type the email address in the To or Cc box. The first time you enter a person’s name, Outlook Web App searches for that person’s address. In the future, the name is cached so it resolves quickly.
- Type a subject.
- Type the message you want to send.
- When your message is ready to go, select Send .